Sunday, May 23, 2010

You'll Love This! Classical Piano Music - "Springtime In Moscow"

Download this song at: solo-piano.visit.ws "One of the most extraordinary pieces I have ever heard...written by the hand of one of the masters..." Just in case you're wondering: I wrote this piece at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho not Moscow, Russia. I've never been to Russia, but I imagine the winters in Moscow, Idaho are like Russian winters in some ways. I have been getting emails from teenagers who say that they love classical music and that people think there is something wrong with them for that. Personally, I find classical music fans enthusiastic about music and how music is made, so I am of the opinion that classical music is here to stay - so why not listen to it? I studied the classical music of many composers while living in New York City in the mid 1990s. I spent hours at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts looking at scores and borrowing recordings. I do feel that most classical musicians take themselves too seriously, but I can understand how much pressure they are under playing some of the best music ever composed. One thing I will say about classical music is that it comes from European cultures which were cruel to "non-Western" countries during the time most classical music was written. I don't like that part of classical music history, but it's part of classical music. The other thing I do not like about classical music is how it ignores the tones BETWEEN notes. Cultures in the Middle East, Asia and Africa all use the notes ...
Read More... [Source: YouTube Videos Category Search]

No comments:

Post a Comment